Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Laziest

This week has been crazy busy at work as I am planning a big conference for next month, so naturally when I get home from work I am the laziest! Once I come home from work, I go to the gym and by the time I am home around 7:30 pm, there is not one homemaking task I want to attend to. The house is in shambles, I make pouched eggs and toast for dinner because it takes exactly 5 minutes to make (or we go out to eat) and Travis is so busy and stressed with school he hardly gets any sleep these days. Yesterday morning I decide I’ve got to get my act together in the home department. I had it all planned out, I was going to: have a great day at work, go to the gym, come home and make a delicious dinner, clean the house, do laundry, put the hurricane of unworn clothes away and off the bedroom floor and regain our peaceful space. Sounds like a perfect plan. Instead it went more like this: most awful day at work to date, go to the gym, make eggs and toast for dinner of course, look at all of the mess in the house and decide instead of cleaning I am going to pretend the mess doesn’t exist, read my book, drink my diet coke and cuddle with my hubbie. Awful work day forgotten, however dirty house gets even dirtier. I am so getting homemaker of the year award.

No comments:

Post a Comment